I want to help this place become something useful and interesting.
mediawiki:talk - cursingrestored
- mediawiki:nstab-main - should be something special, but can't think what. Evil/demonic/infested/wretched/damned page, maybe.
mediawiki:vector-view-edit - killdone
- mediawiki:vector-view-history - past torments (?)
- mediawiki:vector-view-view - again, can't think what. Something like Burn Eyes, but more so.
mediawiki:watch - stalkrestored
- mediawiki:dellogpage - exorcism log - or maybe that's the block log - those should both be something special. actually no, the block log should be the damnation log or something...not sure
- Sure, the block log can be the exorcism log. That sounds ok. Fits decently with what we've got, I think. Not sure what to do for deletion though. It's probably ok if we customise one but not the other.
- user group rights - mediawiki:group-sysop-member, mediawiki:group-bureaucrat-member, mediawiki:group-rollback-member most importantly - should be something special, probably - some kind of imaginary creatures? like werewolf, phantom and zombie, but we'll have to find something else so as not to copy or confuse
Template and other namespace ideasEdit
- template:stub - something specific to this wiki. I have changed it a bit and I think it's better.
- Template:Catstub (protected) - possibly redundant to template:Stub
- Encyclopædia Dæmonica:Sell your soul (protected) - contains entirely stuff about Alicia Keys, Oscar Wilde and Keep a Child Alive. Should be something else.
- template:Nowikipedia and template:Wikipedia (protected) - should maybe have a bit to do with this wiki; former needs to have Alicia removed
- template:Partialspork - needs Alicia removed
Revert Main Page to this version(done), plus slight cleanup (redlinks etc)
- Created template:Uncyc copy and template:Wikipedia copy; may use them to tag articles taken more or less straight from uncyc or wikipedia.
So, since this might be a parody of the other wiki whose initials are ED, we could try to go with that and make it fit with what's already there. One thought I had was making a page titled pain (or something similar that suggests possibly shocking content) that consists entirely of pictures of kittens, to reverse ED's page on kittens that consists of pictures of weird gross shock stuff - though that may not be what we want. Or we could try attacking things in a way that really isn't an attack because we make silly accusations. Poop comes from hell or something.
Having some sort of custom colour or style scheme might also be useful. I've done a draft of one for my userpage - not sure if it'll be used though.
What needs done firstEdit
First, we should probably get rid of everything relating to Alicia Keys, Phyllis Hyman, Tamia Hill, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and anything of that sort - from the main page, from mediawiki:Ipbreason-dropdown (which should definitely have some more 'demonic'-type reasons in it too, along with some other block stuff), from article space and from the help pages and templates - since none of it fits with what this wiki should really be about. It's not to do with demonic stuff or parodying ED; it's something else entirely. It's a distraction.
We should also get rid of pages that have been copied as-is from Uncyc, and probably pages that look as if they were destined for Uncyc but were originally written here, such as Poop. Poop is a definite attempt at something, but it comes off more as an Uncyc-style sort of thing than anything particular to here.
That won't leave much - but it will leave a little.
Some pages we should probably chuck (not all by any means, just some I've seen around)Edit
- Pages with 'delete'-type templates I stuck on them
What may also need to be doneEdit
There seems to be a convention here of linking words to their first letter, times to Time and years to AD or BC, and of adding non-stubby articles to Category:NS. This was started by Alicia. That's not a bad thing in itself, but the conventions don't seem terribly useful and I think it might be good to deprecate them.
Vague ideas relating to welcome messages or somethingEdit
Current template is template:Greet, but I find it rather unhelpful and, of course, it has good old Alicia in it.
Hello, Llwy-ar-lawr, and welcome to Encyclopædia Dæmonica. <-- continue ad nauseam with usual boilerplate...thought of some ways to make it 'clever' (welcome to hell etc) but figured it would come off as intimidating
- Useful links
- A help page that is beyond help, or perhaps destined for those who are
- Donations, apparently
- Current events, supposedly. Needs rewritten for better usefulness.
- About the project, what you can do, where to find things - but what's supposed to be there?
- General disclaimer or such
- Needs some sort of equivalent to en:HTBFANJS and en:BGBU; or maybe just refer people to en:HTBFANJS, just specify what sort of topics you write about here - though possibly we should have a different style as well. Like the kittens thing, maybe. And all the original content here (e.g. Uncyclopedia) is different from what you'd find anywhere else, though the kind of different may not be ideal.
Well, I say...nothing.
stuff we should probably keepEdit
Stuff that was apparently not created or imported by Alicia.
- Uncyclopedia is the worst
- New Mexico
- Number (I replaced it with different content. Not that it doesn't suck, but it's different.)
- Encyclopædia Dæmonica
- Encyclopedia Dramatica
Currently working onEdit
I've been just deleting the file pages that come up because the vast majority seem to be already available on carlb's common file repository and the local pages are pretty much pure garbage. There are however a few that are local and that get deleted entirely when I delete the file page, and those can be found through Category:Pages with broken file links (the ones that matter, anyway; the ones that aren't used should probably be deleted anyway).
Nah did all that stuff.
I've tried to enable HotCat here, but it's buggy - takes a while to load the interface (we all know whose fault that is ;) ) and won't let you do anything with it.